It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: profile couple support
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:14 am 

The profile section is setup for an individual rather then couples. There should be a section for each person to have information in profile and select which social media each subscribes to. There is currently no support for g+ or twitter the tow fastest growing social sites. Also add the share buttons for major sites on each page/post to make it easier to share with social media.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:36 pm 

I agree , thats a great idea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:06 pm 

yes good idea.

as well as if couples are separate but are also together so being able to post as the couple or individuals would be a nice feature

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:19 am 
Site Admin

I'll look into improving on the profile setup. I did use your suggestion and changed the social networking icons so they appear on every page of the site, there is a Google Plus icon available as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:52 am 

I thought this site was supposed to be just for couples, NOT singles. If I was a single, I would NOT be here looking for friends on a couples site! Also Tim, why all the advertising for singles, ie match.com, single girls from China and the Ukraine etc? Those are obviously fake models they advertise looking for lonely singles. And how about the one showing the models looking for only older men? I don't have a problem with singles, but if your going to have a clean site for couples only looking for normal couples, then dump the shady advertisers and tell singles this is for couples. I realize you need to have financial support for this site, and I'm sure you could find that support with some clean non-shady type non single websites. For instance, a lot of couples here are interested in the outdoors and outdoor related activities. There are a ton of outdoor related websites that may want to advertise on your site. Have you looked into getting website link swaps with them, or let them advertise for a fee? I have a successful fishing related business website, so I know what I'm talking about. Anyways, just some thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:57 am 
Site Admin

The advertising on this site is controlled by Google which provides ads based on searches and who knows. Currently 43% of my ad revenue is coming from people clicking on these dating site ads, my question to them is why? I'd rather restrict these ads but I don't want to lose half my ad revenue each month, these ads are allowing me to keep this site up and FREE, it costs money to have a site hosted and maintain it and I can't afford the cost without a few annoying ads. I get very few of these dating site ads when I log in, I generally get local interest ads although I spend a lot of time on this site too.

As for the idea of exchanging links with other sites that promote outdoor activities that is an excellent idea, I just don't have a clue where to even start with that. I've asked members of the site if they would be interested in link exchanges, many of the members are web designers or run their own sites, so far I've had no interest.

I really appreciate the input and I'll look into restricting these ads and see what affect it has on my ad revenue and if it doesn't affect it I'll be very glad to restrict these ads permanently .