It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

CouplesList is not responsible for any content or posts within these forums. Practice internet safety and common sense when chatting with anyone online including this site.
Please remember to keep all postings appropriate, this is a site for meeting platonic couple friends and anyone deemed to be into swinging will be removed from this site.
If you encounter any inappropriate content or spam please e-mail the board Administrator so it can be removed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:44 pm 

Hi.
We are finding it difficult to meet other couples in our area. Old friends have either moved away, passed away for just drifted away. We would really love to get together with other couples.

Is anyone interested? :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:04 pm 

Yes, we are! We're east of El Dorado , KS about 6 miles.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:25 pm 

Hey there, we are in south Florida. Wish you guys were closer. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:34 pm 

Dear Martlews, Thank you for your kind response. It is sad that we are so far apart. My gf and I live together here outside of El Dorado, KS. She's a divorcee, out of a bad 45 year marriage, and I'm a retired guy whose wife is permanently and totally disabled with MS. Our backgrounds are similar and we've been together 7 years come February of 2014. We are happy in our lives together. We've traveled some around the country and plan to do more as the situation permits.

The last time I was in FL it was due to a stroke my sister had. I lost her this year, but while I was down in Tampa, I had the opportunity to get to Land O' Lakes and to Lake Como. It is a great place to visit and the people are very warm. Do you know the place?

We would love to hear from you about your life there in South Florida. Do you have interests outside the home? Like hobbies? Tell us about yourself and what you do. I feel we are going to be positively great friends here.

Regards,

John & Meriam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:43 pm 

Hi John and Miriam:
So glad to hear from you folks. Yeah, wish were were closer. We could possibly be great friends. I am retired and my husband, David, is on disability.

We live in Palm Beach County. Don't know the Tampa area at all. We like live music, concerts, dining out, going out for a drink, movies, barbecues (even though David doesn't BBQ...LOL). Just about anything. We're not into sports though. We are hoping to do a little traveling one day when we get on our feet.

David plays the guitar and sings a little bit, just for his own pleasure.

Hope to hear back from you.

David and Ramona Martlew :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:37 pm 

Hello David and Ramona Martlew, Thank you for writing. yeah, we like the same thing. Meriam doesn't like meat barbqued so we don't do that. We eat lots of peanut butter and watch a lot of TV. Exciting, huh? I keep a bucket handy so I can carry a tune! She would sing karaoke, but we don't go to bars! Anything you want to know about us, just ask, provided you have a US Govt Top Secret Security Clearance!

I usually never answer questions with a straight answer. It's quite boring that way.

Regards,
John :roll: :roll:

Attachments:
Private Photos 007.JPG
Private Photos 007.JPG [ 101.35 KiB | Viewed 3993 times ]
Private Photos 004.JPG
Private Photos 004.JPG [ 99.19 KiB | Viewed 3993 times ]