It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

CouplesList is not responsible for any content or posts within these forums. Practice internet safety and common sense when chatting with anyone online including this site.
Please remember to keep all postings appropriate, this is a site for meeting platonic couple friends and anyone deemed to be into swinging will be removed from this site.
If you encounter any inappropriate content or spam please e-mail the board Administrator so it can be removed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:36 pm 

Since about 4 years ago ive noticed that people, in general, have become less and less approachable. what is the deal? no one can meet face to face anymore? Its all e-mails, text messages, phone calls. Meeting is not personable anymore :? . I dont know why, how, or even when it all came to be this way. Even a friendly smile is not returned, or a hello. I have just turned 30 a couple of months ago, it has never been so difficult to communicate :!: . Like I said a "Hello, how are you doing?" is returned with a roll of the eyes or "good" and keep moving on :? . It all doesnt make any sense. ok, ok, how about this...lets just say, you and your partner meet another couple...set up a night to get together. You and your partner are super excited to FINALLY hang out with another couple after so long. Anyways, the other couple comes over and you try starting a conversation, it last about 10 mins....then you, your partner and 2 other people are sitting on your couch watching reruns of Hardcore Pawn, Duck Dynasty, or some other over rated TV show that isnt really that good. So, after saying that, who has been there? How does it make you feel? It feels discouraging, and awkward. You can't say it doesnt. Why, is it so awkward to meet people?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:39 pm 

I know exactly what you mean. I have a circle of gf's, we're all retired roller derby skaters, and we kinda regularly gather for coffee & breakfast. At some point, after the pleasantries and the rants have petered out, all of us end up sitting on the couch, in front of the TV, staring at out phones and reading FB or checking the other social sites. It's ridiculous, but unfortunately it's the way of (most) the world we now live in. Heck, I use my phone for most everything internet so often now, I almost forget how to navigate a normal website on an actual computer! This is partially why my husband and I play board games. Put the electronics away for a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:28 pm 

Hmm . We don't have that problem. We are extroverts

Eratic1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:00 pm 

We have noticed that also, most people seem too busy, or put off-uncomfortable when we tried to plan anything...or they take it the wrong was with the wrong idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:29 pm 

Two Words: "Social" Media

When we were kids (or even in high school or college), things were better socially because Facebook and Twitter and Instagram, hadn't yet turned most people into self-absorbed introverts that masquerade as extroverts via Social Media.

The internet and technology and such have broken down people's ability to socialize in the real world. Instead of calling a friend to hang out, we text or send a private message. No one talks on the phone anymore. People are constantly glued to their smart phones and are less capable having real conversations.

Einstein was eerily right ...