It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:18 am 

Welcome to CouplesList!

I'm glad that you found the site! I put the site up last year after my wife and I were talking about how it’s just not easy to meet couple friends. We live in Missoula, Montana and since it's a college town people come and go often so after a while it gets hard to make new friends and on top of that we just had a baby. We were assuming that other couples would be in the same situation elsewhere too and based on the response this site has gotten many couples have the same problem, hopefully this site helps! CouplesList is a free, simple, and informal place where couples can connect with other couples looking for friends, this site isn't flashy but couples are finding new friends every day!

If you like and the concept of the site tell your friends and feel free to throw a post up on the Platonic section on Craigslist or elsewhere that would greatly help me spread the word, I could use the advertising help!

There is also a Twitter, Google Plus and Facebook "like" button on the bottom of the page so if you use any of those sites feel free to click the buttons and recommend the site to your friends.

Have fun and enjoy the site and meet some new friends. If you have any questions, concerns or ideas please send me a message.

Thanks!!!

Tim

Last edited by tstreets on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:50 am 
Make a Facebook page! haha and maybe go ahead and set up a topic for every state? I like this idea though. Very cool!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Well my plan is to make a posting area for each state when we have posters from that state. I'd also like to break into age ranges and lifesyles like kids or no kids. A facebook page is a good idea. There is a like button on the main page for Facebook feel free to "like" the site.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:49 pm 

Great idea but you need some face time somewhere. I found this on Craigslist Omaha and I love the concept. Anything I can do to help??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:43 pm 

hey sorry for the late response I was out on a float trip the last couple days and out of communication with the world. Anything you can do to help would be wonderful. I've been going on craigslist to the platonic section in different cities and doing a few ads on Facebook and Google but on a very limited budget. If you have any other ideas or want to throw an ad or two up on craigslist that would be awesome. I'm trying to target the western half of the country and I think if this site gets going I might worry about the rest. Let me know if you have any thoughts, any help is very much appreciated, I'm new at this too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 pm 

Aw, I thought the person posting on craigslist was local! I agree you need to have a fb page and break it up by state. You would definitely get a lot more traffic on a website that is already up and running.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:34 am 

I actually have created a Facebook page just not a lot of traffic comes from it so I'm not thinking people are finding it. The site is broken into states in most areas and even cities at least in the west. I'm starting to work on the rest of the country to get it setup everywhere. Everyone should just go like the site on Facebook! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:00 pm 

Hi not many people on here yet, sure hope it grows. I just posted on craigslist for friends. BTW on the Kansas forum how bout adding Kansas City...KANSAS. It might help trying to find a local friend. Please...Dorothy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Hi Dorothy,

The Kansas City, KS forum has been added now. So far the site has been taking off pretty quickly. Thanks for the suggestion!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:24 am 

Thank you for creating this page. I am very exciting start communicating with other couples. I live in NYC and there is no posts yet in that city. However, as you said before that there are more people joining every day. How long did this site exist? Is it something recent?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 am 
Site Admin

This site started in June of last year, so its still fairly recent. I'm still working on getting the word out about the site to different areas that their aren't a lot of people joining from. The site gets traffic from NYC, but so far your the first couple to actually post, so thanks for starting it off. If you'd like to help get the word out about the site please do, the more couples that join the better. I'm glad that there are other couples out there that appreciate the site, thanks for the encouragement!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:55 pm 

Your Welcome,

We have been trying to find new ways to meet new couples in our area to get to know and be able to enjoy there company.

Thank you,
Aaron & Michele

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:57 pm 

We are getting more and more known so we are really starting to get into the Facebook site. We have over 1.7k likes!
Like us and share us with friends for date night ideas, recipes, trivia, and whatever else I can think if that our followers should know. :lol:
It's also a great place for informal chatting with other Couples List users -who says you can only have friends in your area?!- meeting Tim (Creator of Couples List) and moderators of the sites and have discussions on anything and everything that comes up. We look forward to seeing you all there!

KellyV.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]